The Velocity Group has implemented its Theater of Cool™ model of placemaking across North America, helping for-profit, government, and non-profit clients realize their vision. Our background in the arts informed the design of this imaginative and proven approach to everything we do.
By first identifying your unique DNA of Place™, we gain context and a deeper understanding of your initiative, your story, and your vision. We then use our Theater of Cool™ Playbook to realize that vision—transforming standard planning initiatives into vibrant, sustainable ecosystems.
“The Velocity Group helped cultivate a shared vision for an expanded geography and economics of downtown Truckee through their Place Accelerator program, identifying numerous catalytic opportunities for both private development and municipal investments, as well as outlined several strategic partnerships that resulted in immediate actions to move our downtown forward. I would strongly recommend the Velocity Group to any community looking to bring creative thinking and pragmatic approaches to the table.”Seana DohertyPresident, Fresh Tracks Communication/Kawyha Foundation
Some of the many ways we have helped our clients:
- Urban Planning & Community Visioning
- Economic Return Assessment & Cost/Benefit Analysis
- District-Specific Merchandising Strategies
- Multi-model Transportation Plans & Trail Development
- Incremental Property Development
- Public Space Design & Activation
- Public Policy & Code Assessments
- Customized Small Business Recovery Plans
- Culinary & Hospitality Options
- Community Engagement & Communications
- Civic & Private Project Brand Development
- Business & Nonprofit Assessments
- Authentic Neighborhood Development Plans
- Arts & Culture Integration and Support
We integrate context, experience, design, use, capacity, economy and story by utilizing a variety of tools and national talent in energizing great places. Find out how our network of industry pros help you move quickly from concept to implementation, offering a unique approach that goes far beyond the plan.